Skip to main content

Introducing Choco


Choco is 13 week old red-nosed Pit Bull. He was found as a stray, but luckily he was found before something happened to him. (You can only guess the fate of a stray Pit Bull puppy.....sad really.)

I've wanted to foster for quite some time, but was afraid to. You see, Katie isn't the friendliest with adult dogs and that's mainly what needs fostering. I figured we could foster puppies, as she's fine with them. So, I started contacting the local rescues around me and filling out foster applications. Most told me that they didn't have any puppies at the moment, so I figured it'd be awhile. Then I happened across Pit Happens FB page and there was this adorable little red nose boy. He wasn't actually in custody of Pit Happens at the time (mainly b/c Tania says that puppy fosters are hard to find......frankly, I find that shocking) but I commented anyway and told her I was willing to foster him.


I'm also suffering with a case of puppy-fever, so I kind of had/have an ulterior motive for wanting to foster. I figured that I could get my puppy fix and at the same time foster one until a good home came along. 

So, on September 26th, I picked up this handsome little guy and brought him home. I was still somewhat nervous as to how Katie would react, but figured she'd be fine as she had no issues with Rio when we brought him home. The introductions went rather smoothly (except for Katie correcting Rio for barking and jumping at the puppy in his excitement).

Katie tolerates the puppy and Rio is happy to have a new playmate. They are a constant source of laughter watching them rough and tumble throughout the house.

He's already been adopted and will go to his new home once he's finished with his shots and gets his neuter. I'll miss the little guy once he's gone, but I know he has a great home to go to and I'll be able to watch him grow.



Comments

  1. I would be an epic foster fail momma, especially with a cutie like that. I am so glad the Universe gave him someone like you to care for him. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that it'll be hard letting him go BUT I know there are more out there that need me, so I have to let him go. That's not to say I can with the next foster baby, but I'm just gonna take it one dog at a time. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…