Skip to main content

Epic Week & Weekend Wrap-Up


Satisfaction.

That's what I feel after this past week.

Pure satisfaction.

So much accomplished and some of it shows too! ☺

McKayla was on Spring Break last week and John took the week off. We didn't have a lot of money (who does?!) but we wanted, NEEDED to escape for a bit.

So, on Monday, we packed up the Kia and headed several hours away for a few nights of camping. (This post isn't about that trip tho, so you'll have to wait til later for pictures and the full story of our adventure. ☺)

If you look closely, you'll see Rio on the left and
McKayla on the right.

We came back home late Wednesday night and I spent the better part of Thursday cleaning up after our mini vacation; several loads of laundry and putting the house back in some semblance of order. John spent the day doing yard work.

On Friday I worked in my Elephant Ear garden, cursing the weeds and coaxing, prodding and pleading the Elephant Ears. I apologized for neglecting them last year and promised I'd get rid of all those nasty weeds that were choking out the sun.

When my Elephant Ears grow to their fullest, they'll
eventually hang over the wall and almost hide it.

I know it still needs weeding but trust me when I
say this looks much MUCH better.

Hopefully these two bulbs will thrive now that
I uncovered them. Only two I've found so far :-(

I also "found" the small set of stairs that hug the Elephant Ear garden. It had also been neglected and the yard was trying to reclaim it. So armed with a broom, a metal garden rake and my hands, I swept and ripped and pulled away the grass, weeds and dirt and reclaimed my stairs.


On Saturday, we went to John's parents house so he could help his Dad with their new computer, while his Mom, McKayla and I went shopping for plants.

Once those were acquired (a cactus for McKayka and 2 succulents and a cactus for Nanny), we picked up Papa Murphys for lunch and headed back.

McKayla's cactus

After scarfing down a pizza, I went "shopping" in my mother-in-law's closest and walked out with several new tops and bottoms she could no longer wear. I'm doubly excited about this as it saves money AND they're all bright, fun colors to replace my drab closest of browns and blacks. Bout time I add some color to my life! :-D

After all that, I also managed to walk out with a KitchenAid mixer! I have been wanting one for ages. I don't know why as I don't bake and rarely cook.....before anyone goes psycho and thinks my kids eat crap all the time, my husband is the cook in the family LOL.......but I still wanted one. I couldn't, however, justify spending $500+ on something I may or may not use or use rarely. So I never got one. Until my mother-in-law decided she wanted a new one, with all the new attachments they come with now and gave me her old one!!! Score! The only thing "wrong" with it is that it's white and not purple......wonder if I can paint it? LOL


On Sunday, we had a nice morning at Church with a great service and then brunch at Fazoli's. After which, we finished up with a wonderful lazy day at home, complete with a nap.

Then it was off to Awana's where McKayla recited all 27 books of the New Testament plus 4 verses she'd memorized (which she DIDN'T know 2 weeks ago and only started working on memorizing the middle of the week).

It was a wonderful end to an epic week. It was so refreshing being out camping in the wilderness; just me, my husband, my dog and one of my kids (Chris was with his Dad :'(...different Spring Break schedules). It was nice to unplug and unwind and then to finish up the week getting so much accomplished.

Now it's back to the daily grind of school and work but I've been recharged and re-energized. ☺

Comments

  1. That sounds like a great week! Congrats on the clothes and mixer. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Seems kinda ridiculous to be so happy with the week but the little things make me happy. ☺

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…