Skip to main content

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That


Mom sent me an email the other day, reminding me that I hadn't made a post using the new graphic I had asked her to make me. Oops! I'd had things to talk/post about when I had first asked her about doing a graphic but that post kinda fizzled out.

I've since had a few things here and there that didn't really warrant a whole post by themselves but still stuff I wanted to share and with Mom sending me this graphic, it gave me the push I needed. Thanks Mom! :-)

This post will definitely be all over the place. Enjoy! LOL

  •  Several weeks ago, McKayla asked to say Grace at our church's weekly Wednesday night dinner. This was her 2nd time saying Grace but the 1st time I was able to record her.


Mom had yelled chided me for not taping the 1st time McKayla had said Grace, so I made sure that I took a video this time and shared the video with her. Then, when I posted the video to FB, Mom made this graphic:


  • Back around Easter (yeah, I know, I haven't blogged about that yet....bad blogger), we (sister-in-laws business and our Church) hosted an Easter Egg Hunt for the community. We try to get the plastic eggs back b/c we use about 5,000 of them. So, as an incentive, we told the kids that if they returned their eggs, they'd receive a coupon for a free kids meal at Fazoli's. McKayla was BEYOND thrilled to get her coupon and was so excited to be able to eat free! I'm not understanding her enthusiasm b/c she ALWAYS eats free.....seeing as how Daddy or Mommy pay for her meals. LOL



  • Healing tattoo's ITCH. LIKE. CRAZY! I'd forgotten how bad they itch. Nothing worse than having an itch you can't scratch. Ordinarily, I'd smack or rub the itchy spot, but that's a no-no with tattoos as you can rub the scab off or you know, because it hurts. LOL

  • A couple weeks ago, Chris' ROTC class was having an awards day and he ,of course, wanted me to come watch. I was running late (Rio got out of the fence....again) so I missed the first part of it. After the ceremony was over, I caught up to him as he was walking back to class and asked him if he'd gotten any awards and he said "No, but I will next year!". And I think he will.



  • McKayla has been going to Tumbling classes for several months now. She's made leaps and bounds (hahaha, no pun intended) with her progress but today she FINALLY MASTERED THE CARTWHEEL! Oh I'm so thrilled! She's tried so hard, she really has but her legs and arms just wouldn't cooperate with her. The look on her face when she successfully did a cartwheel was priceless.
  • Kindergarten graduation. It's almost here. Next week as a matter of fact. Where they heck did this year go?!
  • And last but not least, a teaser of sorts. I plan on finally sharing the mugs and hot chocolate ornaments McKayla and I made for her teachers for Christmas, the Father/Daughter dance John and McKayla went to and many more things. I'm seriously trying to let go of this need to post of things exactly when they happened. It doesn't matter when I post, just so long as I do so I can look back later on.

Comments

  1. Exactly! The timing of the post isn't important. Getting the post up there so you can always remember it is what's important. :D

    I like the this and that post. Your mom makes great graphics. The Grammy Award one is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you know what I'm talking about achieve1dream! LOL

      I'm glad you like the post, it'll probably be a regular thing. Haha. And doesn't she! She's made all my graphics for here (other than my header). She definitely has talent. ☺

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…