Skip to main content

Furry Friday ~ A Lasting Impression


I know, I "created" Furry Friday and it's my blog, so I can do what I want but I feel guilty when I reuse pictures or post something that's not exactly furry. With that said, read on for another semi-Furry Friday post......it's still about a furry friend, just with a twist. LOL

It should come as no surprise to those of you who know me or read this blog with any regularity that I love my Dane.

I could come close to saying he's my heart dog. He may drive me insane by jumping the fence, getting in the garbage or destroying my furniture but I still love him. (Just like my kids or husband may irritate me occasionally but I still love them too LOL.) The idea of him leaving me is damn near devastating.

After having wanted one for so long and then actually finally getting one, has been a dream come true for me.

So it wasn't all that odd that when thinking of new tattoo ideas and wanting to incorporate him into it somehow, wasn't all that far fetched.

I already had a paw print that reminded me of Duke, although that wasn't the original idea. I just wanted a paw print. I like dogs/animals. Made sense. But we had Duke at the time and now, every time I see it, I think of him.

Ignore my splotchy leg and just admire the tat LOL

So, after much thinking, I finally figured out what I wanted to do and got my new tattoo last night.

I wanted a band that wrapped around my wrist and gave the artist these two pictures as a reference point:



And this is the end result:



I am BEYOND thrilled! But I won't lie, getting his head done on the inside of my wrist HURT. Don't think I'll ever do THAT again but it was well worth it. LOL (The only thing I might do is have him fill in the top white line. I know what he was aiming for there but not quite sure if it can be pulled off. I'm going to give it a couple weeks to heal and then reassess.)

It's pretty fresh in those pics, so it's covered in A&D Ointment and still pretty pissed off looking so I'll take some pictures once it's healed.

Next tattoo I have in mind is of Katie's clay paw print I got with her ashes. I'm thinking about adding wings to it with the date of her death on my shoulder but not totally sure yet.

Anyone else have tattoo's? I'd love to see them! Add a link to them in the comments and I'll head over to see them. ☺ Don't have a tattoo but want one? I'd love to hear....read?.....your ideas. :-D

Comments

  1. That's awesome!! I agree with you about filling in the white line. It will make his stop more pronounced. Congrats! I don't have tattoos... I cried when I found out I would have to have my blood drawn every year to check my thyroid levels lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm extremely happy with it. ☺ I'm terrified of needles but surprisingly tattoos don't bother me, maybe b/c it doesn't look like a needle and more like a fountain pen tip. LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…