Skip to main content

This & That ~ Hello? Does This Thing Still Work?


Probably not.
I kinda disappeared.

Again.

I hadn't realized it'd been 3 months (July 6th to be precise) since I'd last posted, until achieve1dream commented asking if I was alive. Oops. Ironically, that was on my post apologizing for being a bad blogger after not having blogged since May. (Completely off subject, but why is it that every time I try to type "blogger" my fingers want to type "blooger"? LOL)

Anyway, let's just say that I'm great at forgetting I even have a blog.

That's not entirely true. I haven't forgotten about my blog but it seems like that when I have time to blog, there's nothing to blog about but when I have something to blog about, I don't have time to blog.

Such is life, eh?

I don't think much has happened since I did my last recap. Chris turned 17 in July. Where in the world has time gone?? Nothing makes you feel older than your kids. Bleh.

McKayla started 1st grade in August and has been doing fantastic. She just brought home her 1st 6 weeks report card and had all A's across the board. Proud Momma here. :-)

I celebrated my 35th birthday in August. Ouch, that's kind of hard to type. Although I don't feel 35, I feel like I did in High School. It's almost like I expect to feel my age, like at 35 there is some sort of major personality/physical change. I know that doesn't make a lick of sense and I don't know how to make it make sense. Oh well.

We've added a few new furry family members in the last few months (pictures shown on the sidebar to the right):

Oreo came because a friend of mine has a lot of health problems and it was just too much to deal with having to change his/her cage and I told her I could take him/her. Still can't pet him/her but it's enjoyable watching him/her run around and play in his/her cage. (Obviously I don't know if I have a male or female LOL)

Coco was a planned buy. I'd wanted a hamster the kids could actually handle since Oreo is too skittish and too small. I hadn't realized how difficult it'd be to find a female tho (I don't like the males b/c of how pronounced their rear end is, I mean geez!, do they have to be the size of their head?! LOL) I eventually found one and she's been calm and confident from the get-go. The kids have really enjoyed being able to pet and play with her.

We've also added a 2nd dog to the family. I know this sounds stupid but I'm not sure if I'm ready to formally introduce her just yet. I feel like in some sort of way, that I'm disrespecting Katie or pretending like she never existed if I make an introductory of our new girl before I do a proper Remembrance post for Katie. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but I can't shake the feeling.

And last but not least, as I'm typing up this blog post, I'm sitting in the waiting room of a hospital waiting for my husband to be finished with his back surgery. He'd injured it years ago (doesn't really know how but that's the doctors best guess) and after trying physical therapy and several shots in his back, the last resort was surgery. That's partially why I have any time to blog right now, what else can I do while sitting in a waiting room for several hours? LOL

So that's what I've been up to since my last hiatus. Fascinating life, huh? Aren't you jealous? LOL

Comments

  1. Jeez I hope your hubby is doing well after surgery!! I don't know why but I have a horrible fear of back surgery. I guess because almost every single member of my family has back problems.... Anyway I'm praying for a swift and complete recovery for him.

    Happy belated birthday! You aren't very far ahead of me hehe. Thirty five isn't old! Remember you're only as old as you feel and if you feel like you did in high school then you're doing awesome. :D

    The new members of the family are cute! I would love to know more about your new dog. Don't feel like you're betraying Katie. I'm sure Rio appreciates having a friend. It will actually help him recover from the loss quicker too. I've been thinking a lot about getting another dog, but I just can't afford it at all right now.

    Thanks for the update! I've missed reading about your crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah. And once again it takes years to reply. :-/

      He's doing great after his surgery. He has his 2 week post op check today actually and has been going pretty much nonstop since we came home.

      Thanks! Funny thing is, I'M always the one telling people they are only as old as they feel but I didn't apply that to myself LA

      I'll introduce her soon enough, I guess whenever life slows down enough for me to have time to. LOL

      I've kept up with your blog and the others I follow but you know me, I don't comment haha. Talk soon! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…