Skip to main content

Slim Down Sunday ~ May 30th - June 5th

So as I mentioned in my last post, I've decided to resurrect Monthly Measure and Fitness Friday posts (although changing Fitness Friday to Slim Down Sundays).

So here's my first entry. I won't blame you if you skip this and any other MM or FF (SDS) posts b/c I'm just talking about what I've accomplished, but this time I'll be adding in screenshot stats from my Fitbit Charge HR. :-D

Wednesday afternoon June 1st:
Co-worker and I checked out a gym and fell in love with all the equipment and everything they offer. I'm pretty sure we're going to join but it'll be next payday before we do. Bonus is that when I DO join, the package I'm getting allows me to bring a guest free of charge and they get all the benefits that I'll get. Hello spouse workout evenings! Haha

Wednesday night June 1st:
I attempted to do Yoga. I say "attempt" b/c somewhere between the last time I did Yoga (almost 2 years ago...oops) and Wednesday, my disk got cracked. It played about the first 30-45 minutes of the workout just fine but the last bit was me pretty much doing what I could vaguely remember. :-\ All in all, it was about an hours worth of workout.


Thursday afternoon/evening June 2nd:
Co-worker and I headed to Zumba. And we had a BLAST!! We laughed and huffed and puffed together. We tripped over our feet and shook our booties. LOL We worked at it for an hour and we were completely exhausted, sweaty and sore but felt like we'd accomplished so much. We'll DEFINITELY be going back!




Friday, June 3rd:
Tried new Yoga video. Whipped my butt. But that's the goal, right? LOL I actually ended up doing two videos for an hour total. I found one beginners video that was about 23 minutes long and then a 30 day Challenge that was 30 minutes long. I plan on doing the 30 day challenge but not going to stress myself out if I skip days.


Saturday, June 4th:
Already failed and didn't do Yoga today. Whoops. I DID go shopping for waterproof phone bags tho and did laundry. It's activity at least haha.


Sunday, June 5th:
No Yoga. Again. But we spent 8 hours at an amusement park. Walking, running and swimming. Couldn't document the swimming as Fitbit is unfortunately not waterproof (they should make them waterproof).


So there's my first week into getting back in shape/losing weight. I'm really liking the idea of being able to screen shot my Fitbit stats to look back on and see any changes there may be. It also gives me another thing to be 'held accountable' to, as I can see when I've accomplished something or been a lazy lug.

So between gym a few times a week (time allowing), Yoga the other nights, Zumba at least once a week and let's face, probably absolutely nothing on the weekends LOL, I should start to see improvement. Cross your fingers? :-)

I will also be adding my Weekly Stats that Fitbit sends me. I'm not expecting anyone to care anything about these posts or any of the others but as most bloggers do, I'm doing this for me to be able to look back on and compare. Bonus if it inspires someone else to achieve a weight loss or activity goal. :-)



* Just for my notations, the "active minutes" doesn't register Yoga since there's not a lot of hand movement. I CAN automatically track exercise but only running, walking or hiking. Other activities, I have to manually key in the time and distance and then it calculates the calories burned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…