Skip to main content

2nd Shopkins Swapkins Party

Last weekend, McKayla and I went to our 2nd Shopkins Swapkins party.


Before I go any further, I must tell you that I failed majorly but thankfully Grandpa saved the day.

How did I fail you ask?

I failed at taking any pictures.
I failed at buying her anything like I did at the last Swapkins.
I failed at being able to reach John b/c he was home asleep and wouldn't answer his phone.

I failed all those ways (and probably more I'm just not thinking about right now) by forgetting one. VERY. important. thing:

My phone.

I rarely carry a purse and my phone case is one of those nifty ones that holds credit cards.

So by leaving my phone at home, meant I'd also left my drivers license and my debit/credit card. And we were going to a TOY store no less. Oops.

Home was too far away to go BACK to find phone and make it back for the party, so I borrowed a random strangers phone to call John to see if I'd even left it at home (was afraid I'd put it on top of my car and lost it somewhere) but he wouldn't answer b/c he was sleeping and didn't recognize the number in his half-asleep stupor. After failing to reach him after numerous attempts and taking up the use of these kind strangers, I tried calling my Dad (who lives closer). Thankfully, he answered and came to my rescue.

Once Dad made it, I kept attempting to call John from his phone (b/c I still wanted to know where my phone was) but still no answer. I NEEDED my phone so I could buy something for her like we did the last time, it's tradition (can you call it a tradition when it's only the 2nd time? LOL).

Anyway, so after my failure of losing phone and having to call Dad, I planned on leaving her with Dad so I could go back home and she could still do her party, but he wasn't 100% sure what to do (even tho I told him numerous times that SHE knew and to just follow her) so I just stayed with her (following her like I told him he'd be doing LOL) while he went shopping.

She was able to trade almost all of her Shopkins for new ones (a few she's was REALLY wanting), so it wasn't a complete bust. The Season 5 freebie was better than the weird toy at the last party but the Chef Club hat was one of those paper folding hats (that I ended up wearing haha) that she didn't really care for. Still, she had a blast going from table to table trading.

I had told Dad that the main reason I had wanted my phone was so that I could buy her something. So he said that he could buy it for her instead of me having to drive all the way home to just turn around and come back. So he told her to pick out what she wanted. Well, this is Grandpa and not Mommy LOL, so she grabs the Shopkins Tall Mall, which isn't the cheapest item. LOL Of course Grandpa tells her no. So she grabs 1 smaller thing and Grandpa tells her that she could get 1 or 2 more items at that price. She ends up picking out 4 more things. After Grandpa adds it all up, the total ends up being more than the 1st thing she'd grabbed! We're pretty sure she did it on purpose. 😄 He laughs at her sneakiness and agrees to buy the Tall Mall (the very 1st item she grabbed). LOL


So even though I failed by leaving my phone at home (John did eventually wake up and saw that I had called and confirmed that I HAD indeed left my phone on the island.....phew), which almost screwed McKayla out of a new Shopkin and her not being able to trade ALL of her Shopkins like the last time, we still had a lot of fun and she's ready for the next party. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part III ~1976~

The 1976 Official Illustrated Standard
Revised & Edited by The Great Dane Club of America, Inc. Written text AKC approved August 10, 1976 Illustrated by Donald E. Gauther - Great Dane Breeder & Judge Copyright, 1972


1. GENERAL CONFORMATION (a) GENERAL APPEARANCE. The Great Dane combines in its distinguished appearance dignity, strength and elegance with great size and a powerful, well-formed, smoothly muscled body. He is one of the giant breeds, but is unique in that his general conformation must be so well balanced that he never appears clumsy and is always a unit--the Apollo of dogs. He must be spirited and courageous--never timid. He is friendly and dependable. This physical and mental combination is the characteristic which gives the Great Dane the majesty possessed by no other breed. It is particularly true of this breed that there is an impression of great masculinity in dogs as compared to an impression of great femininity in bitches. The male should appear more massive t…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part II ~1945~

The Official Illustrated Standard of the Great Dane Club of America, INC. 1945
(Typed for easy reading below each picture which has made this post EXTREMELY long. Also, you *should* be able to click on the pictures to enlarge, but sadly still not enough to read the charts.)


BREEDERS CODED OF ETHICS as endorsed by THE GREAT DANE CLUB OF AMERICA
There are only five recognize colors; all these basically fall into four color strains: 1 FAWN and BRINDLE, 2. HARLEQUIN and HARLEQUIN bred BLACK, 3. BLUE and BLUE bred BLACK, 4. BLACK. Color classifications being well founded, the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. considers it an inadvisable practice to mix color strains and it is the club's policy to adhere to the following matings:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ FAWN TO FAWN OR BRINDLE ONLY
BRINDLE TO BRINDLE OR FAWN ONLY
Pedigrees of FAWN or BRINDLED Danes should not carry HARLEQUIN, BLACK or BLUE upon them -------------------------------------------…

The Great Dane Standard Through the Ages Part IV ~1995~

(This is the last and current Standard)

The Great Dane Illustrated Standard Approved and Published by the Great Dane Club of America, Inc. September 1995, Illustrations by Stephen J. Hubbel
An Illustrated Standard And Guide for the Evaluation of the Great Dane This booklet has been prepared by The Great Dane Club of America to assist fanciers, breeders and judges in their assessment and understanding of desired Great Dane type. Nothing in the discussions or illustrations contained herein should be construed as altering or contradicting the provisions of the Official Standard of the Great Dane adopted by this club and approved by The American Kennel Club. It is rather to be considered as a supplement to, and expansion on, the Official Standard.
The reader should remember the Official Standard describes the ideal Great Dane. In the following commentary we discus common deviations from that ideal, and the relative importance to be place on such deviations in the overall evaluation of an in…